The end of a year brings with it reflection – a time to assess the past and look toward our next business phase. At GSS, we view each new year as an opportunity for introspection, evaluation, and strategic planning. It is also a time for us to determine ways to strengthen our partnerships and align our collective efforts toward shared success. Going into 2024 we want to think beyond the numbers and focus on a leadership-centric approach to the future.
The GSS Vision for 2024: “Built for More”
At GSS, we firmly believe in proactive strategic planning as a cornerstone of success. We recognize the necessity of continuous evolution and growth to navigate industry trends, and this understanding is reflected in the themes we set for our future.
For 2024, our theme is “Built for More,” embodying our commitment to visionary thinking and ambition. Perhaps the most critical part of any business – including ours – is the guiding principle of leadership. We’ve observed that too often, the focus falls on tasks rather than people, on management rather than leadership. At GSS, we are consciously shifting this perspective, choosing to invest in people, fostering strong relationships, and cultivating leaders who will steer us through the opportunities that lie ahead.
The Accountant Shortage: An Opportunity to Cultivate Leaders
Last month’s newsletter noted that many of you are grappling with the nationwide accountant shortage. The scarcity of accountants, particularly in the restaurant industry, has been a recurring conversation and a crucial component of our long-term strategic planning.
At GSS, we are actively working to provide opportunities that meet current and future accountants’ personal and professional needs and provide growth opportunities. Our strategic priority involves cultivating leaders who prioritize people and relationships. We believe this approach will positively impact our employees, clients, and the industry by helping to attract and retain top talent.
In a 2019 Harvard Business School keynote discussion, scholars spoke on the intersection of leadership and management – pointing out that while they do overlap – there are significant differences.
“I think the ultimate intersection between leadership and management is an appreciation for what motivates and causes individuals to behave the way they do, and the ability to draw out the best of them with a purpose in mind,” said Joe Fuller.
So, how do we continue to create value that will not only attract but enable leaders?
- Share Success: We believe in sharing success and will ensure that our employees grow as we grow, creating a sense of ownership and commitment.
- Create and Nurture Leaders at Every Level: Leadership development will be a key focus area. We will empower our employees to take on leadership roles, fostering a culture of initiative and innovation.
- Build and Provide the Best Tools: To support our leaders, we will continue to invest in innovative tools and technologies that enable them to deliver superior service.
- Strive for Impeccable Customer Service: To effectively manage customer relationships, we will further equip leaders with the knowledge and skills necessary.
- Create and Grow Customer Equity: Our goal is to increase the value that we provide to our customers, thereby enhancing their trust and loyalty towards GSS.
A Commitment to Service
We share are goals for 2024 because it’s not just about us. It’s about you. We are constantly working to attract and nurture people proficient in accounting and who understand the restaurant industry, your business, and its unique needs.
[STOP] Not sure who you can trust your franchise accounting and finances to? See why you should choose GSS
GSS doesn’t just serve your back-office staffing needs; we provide a service that is differentiated by its quality and delivered by people who care about your success as much as you do.
Thank you for your continued trust in us. Here’s to a future “Built for More!”
And, as always, if you’d like to discuss your strategic planning or accounting needs, please drop me a line.